Title: It's Kind of A Funny Story Thing Learned: Depression isn't something you can help having, it's an actual problem with your brain. Your brain doesn't manage hormones as well. Interesting Thing: There is such a thing as 1-800-SUICIDE Question: How do people get depression?
Facing The Lion, I learned how smart lions are, and how they corral their prey. I learned that lions eat cows, I thought they just ate gazelles. I want to know far can they throw their spears.
Facing the lion. One interesting thing I've learned is that if you kill a lion in Kenya you become really popular and people make songs about you. One question i have is that why are you considered a warrior if you kill a lion?
With Their Eyes I learned that the World Trade Center was bombed in 1993. One interesting thing I learned is that one person survived while in the tower because he was walking up the staircase when the tower was it. Was the high-school in my book doing anything to help out the community after 9/11?
Title: The Watsons Learned: Even though they aren't always nice to each other they have a very strong family connection. Interesting thing: Kenny has a lazy eye. Question: Why are they fixing up the Brown Bomber?
My book is called It's Kind of A Funny Story, and I learned that no matter how much you want to escape, it's like a black hole, and you it's incredibly difficult to escape. My question is why did this party spur his depression, especially after his hard work paid off.
The Watsons go to Birmigham-1963 Flint Michigan is cold If you kiss a car mirror in the winter, your lips will freeze to the glass Does Larry beat up Kenny because of what Byron did to him?
If you touch anything that is cold with something that is wet, that second object will freeze to the first, thus the old trick of daring someone to lick a flagpole in the winter. Woe to those who try it - their tongues freeze to the pole, and have to either be heated with something, or torn away. This also held true for metal ice trays, which existed before most ice trays became plastic. People who had just washed their hands found their fingers stuck to their ice trays! Your book sounds really good. Can you share more detail about it?
It's Kind of a Funny Story I learned that there are a lot of people with depression. One interesting thing is that Craig wants to commit suicide by jumping off of the Brooklyn Bridge. Since there are so many cops by the bridge, then wouldn't at least one of them stop Craig from jumping off of it?
It's Kind of a Funny Story I learned that there are a lot of people with depression. One interesting thing is that Craig wants to commit suicide by jumping off of the Brooklyn Bridge. Since there are so many cops by the bridge, then wouldn't at least one of them stop Craig from jumping off of it?
My book is called The Watsons Go to Birmingham. One thing i learned was that it can get very cold in Michigan. Even into the negatives An interesting thing i learned was that you really can get your lips frozen to a car mirror by kissing it. A question i have is... Why dont the teachers stop the fighting?
The title of my memoir is With their Eyes. One thing I learned that there was no school the day after 9/11. One interesting thing was that an article written by the students about 9/11 was published in the New York Times. One question that I had, was why didn't the students evacuate immediately after the first plane hit?
With There Eyes Learned: that with in 2 hours of the 1st plane hitting the towers had fallen Interesting: people jumped from the towers Question: What did the kids see?
Title: Marley and Me Learned: that John and Jenny got Marley so they could practice what caring for a child would be like Interesting: Marley is super scared of storms and rain when he's home alone and can scratch out walls if he wants Question: Will Marley ever become calmer/more tamed
Title: Grief Girl Learned: both parents died Interesting: sister's 18th birthday is a week after the deceased. Question: is this sister going to go to college.
The title of my book is Maus I and II, by Art Spiegleman. I learned that the chemical they used for Auschwitz's 'shower' chambers was called Zykon B. One interesting thing I learned is that the greatest pile of corpses was always found next to the door, where they had been trying to escape. The younger, older, and weaker were always on the bottom of the pile, often with their skulls crushed. Many had their arms as long as their bodies, having been pulled out of their sockets, and many more had their fingers broken from clawing at the door. One question I had is - how did so many people allow themselves to be captured? With sheer numbers, they could have rebelled. Most likely, the reason they did not do so, is that they feared their captors.
Maus I learned that the nazis didn't like hills so they made captured soldiers dig them up. Something interesting is that the nazis made the Jews live in tents when they capture them A question i still have is did the nazis kill the jews if they didn't work
Three Little Words I learned that Mrs. Moss pretends to be nice to the kids when there are people in her house so that no one takes them away, and she can keep punishing them. Interesting: Mrs. Moss hit Ashley with a spoon on the mouth hard and no one suspected anything bad about Mrs. Moss. Question: Will Ashley ever get out of Mrs. Moss's house.
Title: Maus 2 Learned:i learned that in the prison camps they could negotiate with workers to get foods or shoes interesting: the prisoners usually wore wooden shoes that were too small or big Question:when will Vladek get out?
Title: The Coalwood Way Learned: The Veteran's Day parade was a big Coalwood tradition Interesting: Never throw zincoshine in the furnace around the Coalwood Women's Club Question: Will Quentin go to college?
title: Marley and Me i learned that Marley was a surprise because everything that the family read about retrievers Marley was not. an interesting fact is that before they go hm they knew nothing about that kind of dog and they waited until they got Marley. one question that i have is how will Marley react of babies in the family?
I am reading "Boy, Tales of Childhood" by Roald Dahl. He was a very naughty child, and for a laugh, he put a dead mouse in a jar at a candy shop. The old hag who owned the candy shop told the headmaster. He got whipped several times by him. His mom got really mad that someone would do that to her child. Next year he will go to a boarding school in England. I wonder how he will do at boarding school, while his family is at home in Wales.
Title: Maus 2 Interesting: That 3 cigarettes was worth a loaf of bread in the camps and 100 cigarettes is worth a bottle of vodka Learned: You could pay the guards to not look when you run to escape but when you did they would shoot you. Question: What happened to Maurcie?
I am reading my life in dog years.I learned that Gary Paulsen really likes dog and always has one. The interesting thing i learned was that they used to eat dogs in the Philippians.One question I still have is how many dogs has he had?
Title: It's Kind of A Funny Story
ReplyDeleteThing Learned: Depression isn't something you can help having, it's an actual problem with your brain. Your brain doesn't manage hormones as well.
Interesting Thing: There is such a thing as 1-800-SUICIDE
Question: How do people get depression?
From Lindy
DeleteI think people get depression because other people are mean to them and they think life is worthless. Does that answer your question?
DeleteFacing The Lion, I learned how smart lions are, and how they corral their prey. I learned that lions eat cows, I thought they just ate gazelles. I want to know far can they throw their spears.
ReplyDeleteWho's this book about? Or is it just focusing on lions?
DeleteI think the lions are smart also
DeleteWhy is the spear-throwing important?
DeleteIts about Joseph Lemosalai Lekuton. Yes, good call Mr. Wilkins.
DeleteThey need to throw it far because, often their camp is far from the cows, so the have to hit the attacking lions from a distance.
DeleteFacing the lion. One interesting thing I've learned is that if you kill a lion in Kenya you become really popular and people make songs about you. One question i have is that why are you considered a warrior if you kill a lion?
ReplyDeleteWho are you?
Deletewhy does it matter if you kill a loin
Deletebecause they will kill the cows
DeleteWith Their Eyes
ReplyDeleteI learned that the World Trade Center was bombed in 1993.
One interesting thing I learned is that one person survived while in the tower because he was walking up the staircase when the tower was it.
Was the high-school in my book doing anything to help out the community after 9/11?
Oh, that's cool. I never knew that the WTC was bombed twice.
DeleteYa, I never knew that the WTC was bombed twice.
Deleteme neither
DeleteTitle: The Watsons
ReplyDeleteLearned: Even though they aren't always nice to each other they have a very strong family connection.
Interesting thing: Kenny has a lazy eye.
Question: Why are they fixing up the Brown Bomber?
What is the Brown Bomber? I have a horse named Bomber.
DeleteI know someone with a lazy eye! families are cool when they are close.
DeleteMy book is called It's Kind of A Funny Story, and I learned that no matter how much you want to escape, it's like a black hole, and you it's incredibly difficult to escape. My question is why did this party spur his depression, especially after his hard work paid off.
ReplyDeletewhy is he depressed?
DeleteI'm not 100% sure yet, I haven't gotten very far.
DeleteIs it a good book? I'm thinking about reading it...
DeleteYeah, it's good.
DeleteOK, I'll probably read it at some point
DeleteThe Watsons go to Birmigham-1963
ReplyDeleteFlint Michigan is cold
If you kiss a car mirror in the winter, your lips will freeze to the glass
Does Larry beat up Kenny because of what Byron did to him?
Why would you kiss a car mirror?
DeleteHe loves himself
DeleteThat's so true Janna!
DeleteIf you touch anything that is cold with something that is wet, that second object will freeze to the first, thus the old trick of daring someone to lick a flagpole in the winter. Woe to those who try it - their tongues freeze to the pole, and have to either be heated with something, or torn away. This also held true for metal ice trays, which existed before most ice trays became plastic. People who had just washed their hands found their fingers stuck to their ice trays!
DeleteYour book sounds really good. Can you share more detail about it?
how cold is flint Michigan? huh huh??
DeleteWhy did the person kiss a car mirror? :)
DeleteWhen he kisses the mirror its below zero out.
DeleteIt's Kind of a Funny Story
ReplyDeleteI learned that there are a lot of people with depression.
One interesting thing is that Craig wants to commit suicide by jumping off of the Brooklyn Bridge.
Since there are so many cops by the bridge, then wouldn't at least one of them stop Craig from jumping off of it?
Why is Craig so depressed?
DeleteHow long has he been depressed before wanting to commit suicide?
DeleteCraig is really stressed about school, being the best, and doing all the homework. He has been depressed for about one to two years.
DeleteIt's Kind of a Funny Story
ReplyDeleteI learned that there are a lot of people with depression.
One interesting thing is that Craig wants to commit suicide by jumping off of the Brooklyn Bridge.
Since there are so many cops by the bridge, then wouldn't at least one of them stop Craig from jumping off of it?
My book is called The Watsons Go to Birmingham.
ReplyDeleteOne thing i learned was that it can get very cold in Michigan. Even into the negatives
An interesting thing i learned was that you really can get your lips frozen to a car mirror by kissing it.
A question i have is... Why dont the teachers stop the fighting?
why did someone kiss a car mirror Riles?!?
Deletebecause he was making out with himself
DeleteWhat!? Why? Or do I want to know?
DeleteThe title of my memoir is With their Eyes. One thing I learned that there was no school the day after 9/11. One interesting thing was that an article written by the students about 9/11 was published in the New York Times. One question that I had, was why didn't the students evacuate immediately after the first plane hit?
ReplyDeleteWith There Eyes
ReplyDeleteLearned:
that with in 2 hours of the 1st plane hitting the towers had fallen
Interesting:
people jumped from the towers
Question:
What did the kids see?
Title: Marley and Me
ReplyDeleteLearned: that John and Jenny got Marley so they could practice what caring for a child would be like
Interesting: Marley is super scared of storms and rain when he's home alone and can scratch out walls if he wants
Question: Will Marley ever become calmer/more tamed
I think he's just kind of wild throughout
Deletei doubt she will since she is a lab.
DeleteTitle: Grief Girl
ReplyDeleteLearned: both parents died
Interesting: sister's 18th birthday is a week after the deceased.
Question: is this sister going to go to college.
The title of my book is Maus I and II, by Art Spiegleman. I learned that the chemical they used for Auschwitz's 'shower' chambers was called Zykon B. One interesting thing I learned is that the greatest pile of corpses was always found next to the door, where they had been trying to escape. The younger, older, and weaker were always on the bottom of the pile, often with their skulls crushed. Many had their arms as long as their bodies, having been pulled out of their sockets, and many more had their fingers broken from clawing at the door.
ReplyDeleteOne question I had is - how did so many people allow themselves to be captured? With sheer numbers, they could have rebelled. Most likely, the reason they did not do so, is that they feared their captors.
Excellent detail, Peyton...so sad. I imagine you're right; they feared their captures, who were probably armed, and they weren't.
DeleteMaus
ReplyDeleteI learned that the nazis didn't like hills so they made captured soldiers dig them up.
Something interesting is that the nazis made the Jews live in tents when they capture them
A question i still have is did the nazis kill the jews if they didn't work
Why did they not like hills?
DeleteJames, I think they killed them anyway. Eli, it probably made it difficult to transport troops and supplies.
DeleteThree Little Words
ReplyDeleteI learned that Mrs. Moss pretends to be nice to the kids when there are people in her house so that no one takes them away, and she can keep punishing them.
Interesting: Mrs. Moss hit Ashley with a spoon on the mouth hard and no one suspected anything bad about Mrs. Moss.
Question: Will Ashley ever get out of Mrs. Moss's house.
I wanted to read that book! Is it good?
DeleteI feel for Ashley to have to live with a foster mom like that.
DeleteI know!! it sounds so sad :(
DeleteBoy
ReplyDeletethat children were beaten in schools
he faked being sick to get out of school
why did he become a writer?
what were children beaten with?
DeleteThey were beaten with a cane or yardstick! They bled from their butts OUCH!
DeleteThat sounds painful.
DeleteTitle: Maus 2
ReplyDeleteLearned:i learned that in the prison camps they could negotiate with workers to get foods or shoes
interesting: the prisoners usually wore wooden shoes that were too small or big
Question:when will Vladek get out?
Cool, Why did they wear wooden shoes? Who is Vladek? Good work.
DeleteCuz they had no leather and the nazis wanted to hurt them
DeleteTitle: The Coalwood Way
ReplyDeleteLearned: The Veteran's Day parade was a big Coalwood tradition
Interesting: Never throw zincoshine in the furnace around the Coalwood Women's Club
Question: Will Quentin go to college?
title: Marley and Me
ReplyDeletei learned that Marley was a surprise because everything that the family read about retrievers Marley was not.
an interesting fact is that before they go hm they knew nothing about that kind of dog and they waited until they got Marley.
one question that i have is how will Marley react of babies in the family?
Interesting! Why did they get a dog if they didn't know anything about it? Hopefully he doesn't attack the baby.
DeleteI am reading "Boy, Tales of Childhood" by Roald Dahl. He was a very naughty child, and for a laugh, he put a dead mouse in a jar at a candy shop. The old hag who owned the candy shop told the headmaster. He got whipped several times by him. His mom got really mad that someone would do that to her child. Next year he will go to a boarding school in England. I wonder how he will do at boarding school, while his family is at home in Wales.
ReplyDeleteTest
ReplyDeleteTitle: Maus 2
ReplyDeleteInteresting: That 3 cigarettes was worth a loaf of bread in the camps and 100 cigarettes is worth a bottle of vodka
Learned: You could pay the guards to not look when you run to escape but when you did they would shoot you.
Question: What happened to Maurcie?
That's interesting about the cigarettes. It's interesting that you could bribe the guards
DeleteI am reading my life in dog years.I learned that Gary Paulsen really likes dog and always has one. The interesting thing i learned was that they used to eat dogs in the Philippians.One question I still have is how many dogs has he had?
ReplyDeletenicole's test
ReplyDeleteEXCELLENT BOOK I AGREE
Delete